If you want to try a recipe with the taste of Italy, San Giorgio Lasagna recipe is one of the considered options.
San Giorgio Lasagna is a typical dish in Italy that originates in Naples city. This dish covers with layers of pasta, cheese, sauce, and meat, and let it bake in the oven until all ingredients are perfect. The San Giorgio Lasagna Recipe takes 2 hours to prepare and cook. The process includes organizing the spices, boiling the noodles, assembling the lasagna, and baking it.
When it comes to a new recipe, you may hesitate with rare ingredients and complex techniques. However, the method for San Giorgio Lasagna is quick and easy to make, which may surprise you with the easy-to-understand instruction.
It is a brilliant dish that you can serve on special occasions. The San Giorgio Lasagna will be on point, which may attract your guests and make them never forget it. Without any suspicion, I will introduce the ingredients and instructions right away.
Table of Contents
- How to make the San Giorgio Lasagna
- Instructions for San Giorgio Lasagna Recipe
How to make San Giorgio Lasagna Recipe
The San Giorgio Lasagna Recipe will become your favorite recipe list after trying. The ingredients are easy to prepare. You can buy them in many grocery stores or supermarkets. Note the information of ingredients thoroughly whenever you want to use them next time. It’s ok to select similar ingredients from a different brand if you can’t find them on this list.
- Ground beef: 1 pound
- Spaghetti sauce: 3 cups (about 28-oz. jar)
- Uncooked SAN GIORGIO LASAGNA: 16 pieces (about 16 oz.)
- Ricotta cheese: 4 cups (2 pounds),
- Shredded mozzarella cheese: 2 cups -8 oz (divided)
- Grated parmesan cheese: 1/4 cup
- Eggs: 2 eggs
- Chopped fresh parsley: 1 tablespoon
- Salt: 1 teaspoon
- Ground black pepper: 1/4 teaspoon
- Use a large frying pan and brown the meat, then let it drain. Blend the spaghetti sauce and seethe for 10 minutes. Boil the pasta by following the instructions in the package, then let it drain. Bring the pasta on the foil and lay flat it well.
- Turn on the oven to 350 degrees F. Use another large bowl, 1-1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, mix ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese, eggs, salt, parsley and pepper.
- Prepare a 13X9X2 inch glass baking dish, and pour and blend 1/3 cup of the meat sauce over it. Lay four pieces of pasta lengthwise on the sauce, and cover each of the edges.
- Put one-third of the cheese pasta mixture over the pasta, then overlay about ¾ cup of meat sauce. Repeat the process twice to make three layers, a layer of pasta with the sauce and then the layer of pasta again.
- On the top, sprinkle the leftover 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, additional parmesan cheese, and meat sauce. Wrap with foil.
- Start putting the mixture into the oven and bake for 45 minutes. Take out of the foil and continue baking for 10 minutes. Finally, let it cool for 10 minutes and serve.
I hope you love the San Giorgio Lasagna Recipe. This post can help you understand how to make a delicious dish for your family or serve a special occasion. This recipe can bring a new experience to your cooking journey. Fastfoodjustice.org
Type: Main Dish
Keywords: San Giorgio Lasagna Recipe
Recipe yield: 8 servings
Calories: 540 calories
Preparation time: 1H25M
Cooking time: 50M
Total Time: 2H10M