Where to Find Egg Roll Wrappers in Grocery Store?
You are looking for a EGG ROLL dish to enjoy with your friends and family on weekends. Then, you should try the Egg Roll dish, a famous dish you can find in any Chinese and Taiwanese restaurants around the world.
This Chinese dish is not difficult to make, as you need the fillings and egg roll wrapper. The fillings are up to your choice. All you need is a pack of egg roll wrappers. The instructions to make the wrapper can be quite challenging for newbies.
Therefore, this article is here to help you solve the problem. You will find no recipes teaching how to make egg roll wrapper. Instead, we suggest you should buy these since the market offers a very reasonable price. It will help you save a lot of time making it at home.
Below, the article will give you all the information about egg roll wrapper and where to find egg roll wrappers in grocery store or supermarket.
What is Egg Roll Wrapper?
Egg roll wrapper is one of the most important components to make an egg roll dish. There are many recipes on the Internet ways to make cooked and uncooked egg roll wrappers. Egg roll is just a dough, mixed by eggs, water, flour and salt. The wrapper is a flour paste, so it can have a quite thick skin. A batch of egg roll wrappers can help you to make a hot appetizer for your family dinner or chilling night watching Netflix.
What is Egg Roll Wrappers For?
Egg roll wrapper is skin, wrapped all the fillings of egg roll. People often use shredded meats and vegetables like cabbages, carrots as fillings. A healthier version of egg roll is the vegetarian style. The egg roll wrapper are quite easy to fold so you do not need to have a lot experience to make it. Next, it is time for your skill with pan fry or deep fry them. A tip is to put the egg roll on medium heat and then you can increase the heat to an appropriate level to make the crispy taste.
The egg roll wrapper will give your body lots of carbohydrate, and it will help your body fuel with lots of energy. Since we deep fry the egg roll, the calories of the egg roll are quite concerning. Therefore, you must eat this type of food in an appropriate amount. Let’s take a glimpse look into the nutrition facts per 32 g of egg roll wrapper.
Where to Find Egg Roll Wrappers in Grocery Store?
We know that finding egg rolls in a large space like grocery stores or supermarket can be a devastating experience.
So here are some steps for you to find Egg Roll Wrappers in Grocery Store
Step 1: You can find the maps in the grocery or supermarkets. It is usually at the entrance gate.
Step 2: Once you find the map, try to list out all the sections where you can find the egg roll wrappers. For example, you can look in the Asian food aisle or the refrigerated area.
Step 3: Try to find the directions on the maps for all those listed sections. If you find it hard to negotiate the way, you can always ask for help from the guards and staffs in the supermarket.
Tips: The tips for you to quickly negotiate the egg roll wrapper section is the egg roll wrapper usually placed next to the spring roll wrapper in the produce or meat and tofu section.
How Do You Find Egg Roll Wrappers in Grocery Store or Supermarket, Store Online?
The Internet will provide you with lots of options to buy. Here, we list some of the most frequent places that people usually buy.
- Amazon: it is an online platform founded by Jeff Bezos. You can find some good deals to buy egg roll wrappers just by some clicks, starting from $8.95. You can order and get the delivery to your home quickly.
- Asian markets: it is our recommendation site to find any Asian ingredients for your dish. Since egg rolls are Chinese food, you will have higher probability than other places.
- Walmart: The egg roll wrapper is usually on the Asian shelf. Moreover, Walmart has an online store, so you can check online the nearest store, your favourite egg roll wrapper brand to buy before it runs out of stock. The best brand are Nasoya.
- Kroger: this store has the famous Nasoya brand, and you can visit the dairy shelf like cheese and egg sections. Egg roll wrappers are usually store in fridge.
- Whole Foods: you can take a look in the Asian aisle. There are other brands for you to choose, like Blue Dragon or Panda Brand.
What Can I Use a Substitute For Egg Roll Wrappers?
We have got so many questions about the substitution of egg roll wrappers. So here are some you can try.
- Phyllo dough: a dough made from peanut oil, melted butter.
- Spring roll wrapper: wrapper made from rice flour paste.
- Tortilla: wheat flour base dough from Spain in circle shape. It can be quite hard to roll.
EXCITING WAYS OF USING EGG ROLL WRAPPERS?
You cannot eat egg rolls all day?. Do not worry because egg roll wrappers can be used to do a lot of things. Here are some of the recipes you can try at home.
1. Egg roll wrapper thin crust pizza: It is an all time favourite dish for everyone. Just a thin layer of oil into the egg roll wrappers and bake 350F for 5-8 minutes, you will have a crisp pizza base. Then you put in your favourite toppings like cheese, pepperoni and enjoy the meals.
2. Bacon, egg, and cheese egg rolls: The filling is a mixture of crisp bacon, cheese, eggs and chives blended. Then you wrap it in the egg rolls, and put a white egg in every corner of the egg rolls. After that, you deep fry until you reach the brown color and let it drain on a paper towel.
3. Caramel Apple Egg Rolls: Strawberry and lemon cheesecake filled in the center of the egg roll wrapper. Then, you wet the edge, roll the egg roll wrappers and it is done. The taste of the dish is quite sour but very fun to eat
HOW TO STORE THE EGG ROLL WRAPPERS?
You do not always have fresh egg roll wrappers at home, so the best way is to put these wrappers in the freezer. It can last for up to 6 months. When you put the wrappers directly into the fridge, they will stick together. So, scroll down the article as we will tell you the right way to freeze egg roll wrappers.
Step 1: Put waxed paper at the middle of egg roll wrapper, the size of the paper must be equal or larger than egg roll wrapper.
Step 2: Put an extra waxed paper on the egg roll wrapper, and then stack the wrappers into others.
Step 3: Put the egg roll sheets into plastic container and seal it.
Step 4: Push the air from container out to help the wrapper not dried out.
Step 5: You put the bags into the freezer with labels on.
FAQs about Egg Roll Wrappers in Grocery Store
Is Spring roll skin the same as egg roll wrapper?
Yes and no. Yes, they have the same function, which is to wrap the fillings. The difference between these 2 wrappers is that the skin of the spring roll is thinner. It is explained that spring roll wrapper is made from rice so it will be more translucent and crispy to eat. Moreover, the fillings in spring roll wrap are usually more vegetables. The egg roll, however, is usually filled with raw meat.
How long do egg roll wrappers last in the fridge?
The cooked egg rolls can be stored 8 weeks in the fridge, uncooked ones should be used immediately. If you freeze the egg rolls wrapper, you can keep for about 6 months.
Which is healthier? Egg roll or spring roll wrapper?
In fact, spring rolls are healthier because their fillings have lots of vegetables like cabbages, carrots. While the former one, egg roll wrappers are mostly filled with meat and its skin is thicker than spring roll. Therefore, the spring roll wrapper will give you more nutrient, and cut down more calories than egg roll.
Should you freeze egg rolls before or after cooking?.
Normally, you can do it both ways before or after cooking. Just one reminder, the cooked one needs 1 or 2 hours to let it cool down before freezing. You should always use waxed papers when storing to avoid stickiness when cooking.
The article provides everything you need to know before buying Egg Roll Wrapper. The wrapper turned out to be useful for making a delicious Egg Roll dish. You can also have creative ways to make new dishes using Egg Roll Wrapper.
Now, it is time for you to get to the nearest store, buy a few packs of Egg Roll Wrappers and enjoy it with your family, loved ones. If you find this article useful, do not hesitate to share so more people will know. We are welcome to any of your feedback.
Thank you read “Where to Find Egg Roll Wrappers in Grocery Store?”
- List Substitute For Agave Nectar
- List Substitute For Palm Sugar
- List The Substitute For Unsalted Butter
- Can You Eat Bamboo? Yes or No
- Can You Eat Wagyu Raw Steak?
- Where To Find Olive Tapenade In Grocery Store?
- Where To Find Bean Sprouts In Kroger, Grocery Store, Supermarket?
- Where To Find Worcestershire Sauce In Grocery Store?
- Where To Find Breadcrumbs In Grocery Store?
- Where To Find Chives In Grocery Store?
- Where To Find Xanthan Gum In Grocery Store?
- Where To Find Cream Of Coconut In Grocery Store?
- Where To Find Seaweed In Grocery Store?
- Where To Find Lime Juice In Grocery Store?
- Where To Find Rice Paper In Grocery Store?