Where to find pumpkin puree in grocery store
Pumpkin puree is a type of processed food that is quite popular in today’s recipes, especially cake recipes. Despite its popularity, pumpkins are a seasonal crop of the year. So can pumpkin puree be found at any time? Where to find pumpkin puree in grocery store? What can we use pumpkin puree for? Let’s find out through the content below.
What is pumpkin puree?
Basically, pumpkin puree is mashed pumpkin which can be produced in a food processor to become a smooth texture. In commercially available canned products, it is pure pumpkin, often stated as 100% pumpkin in the ingredient list and labeled as “solid-pack pumpkin” or “pure pumpkin”, etc… The type of squash used to puree pumpkins usually has less juice and tougher flesh than those commonly used at Halloween. Pumpkin puree can be used as a filling or ingredient in many recipes from main courses to delicious desserts..
Which aisle is pumpkin puree In Grocery Store?
In the grocery store, pumpkin puree is usually a seasonal item, so you’ll probably find it in the fall. Brands often sell it canned, so you can try to find pumpkin puree in the canned aisle at Grocery Store or Supermarket, which will usually be near or in the same area as canned jams like strawberry jam, blueberry jam,… peanut butters served with sandwiches, or near pickled fruit such as peaches, litchi, canned pineapples, etc. It‘s also often found at the baking aisle of the grocery stores which is considered as an interesting ingredient for many recipes.
And, be careful when you are choosing the product that you want to buy. Instead of pumpkin puree, it is easy to pick the wrong item which is pumpkin filling. This product is also pure pumpkin but has some ingredients suitable just for baking (like having a sweeter taste,…). Because their looks are designed to be quite the same as each other, and they often stay together in the same aisle, you need more attention to look carefully before you decide to buy it.
What Grocery Store Sells Pumpkin Puree?
As noted above, pumpkin puree is often a seasonal item. However, now, thanks to the development in farming and production methods, as well as in commercial transactions, buying and selling, especially the development of cultivation techniques, production and e-commerce, pumpkin puree can be purchased at any time of the year, and it is even easier to order online, and then it will be delivered to the customer’s door.
There are many online shopping sites where you can find this item, one of the biggest and most popular is Amazon_ The top e-commerce and shopping site in the US and some other countries. Go to Amazon’s homepage, click search and type in the keyword “pumpkin puree”, a series of products with publicly listed prices will appear for you to choose from.
There are other shopping sites that can be in your list like: Ebay, Taobao, Alibaba,… Check the product’s information on these sites and buy them whenever you need it.
Instead of shopping online, you can also go to the chain of grocery stores like Walmart, Whole Foods Market,… find the above suggestion aisle and get the pumpkin puree you like.
Some exciting ways of using pumpkin puree
Pumpkin puree has many ways to use in cooking. You can use it as an ingredient for breakfast with dishes such as pancakes, parfaits, or oatmeal variations with pumpkin puree,… On the other hand, it can be used in desserts. mouth-watering like pumpkin pies, or cookies, or more unique like pumpkin ice cream. Some people who like to mix drinks are also interested in looking for a novel flavor that can be pumpkin flavored, like put them into: milkshake, lattes,…
Make Pumpkin Gnocchi
Pumpkin Pie Nicecream
There are some suggestions here, for you to try making a delicious dishes with pumpkin puree:
- Pumpkin cookies.
- Pumpkin smoothie.
- Spice latte with pumpkin.
- Pumpkin Gnocchi
What is a good substitute for pumpkin puree?
There are some suggestions about the substitute for pumpkin puree that have been recommended:
- Frozen Butternut Squash: an orange-fleshed winter squash, celebrated for its versatility and sweet, nutty flavor. Not only is it delicious, but it’s also packed with vitamins, minerals, fiber, and antioxidants. It is an alternative for almost any roasted and pureed pumpkin to make dishes.
- Sweet potatoes: a type of potato that originates from tropical regions of America, and is now widely grown in many parts of the world. Sweet, fleshy and nutritional content not inferior to other varieties of potatoes can be a good substitute for your pumpkin puree recipes. It can be one of the best choices for you instead of canned pumpkin that you can keep stocked.
- Roasted Acorn Squash: a winter squash in the Cucurbitaceae or gourd family, which also includes pumpkin, butternut squash, and zucchini. It is shaped like an acorn with a skin that can vary in color from dark green to white. Acorn squash has a sweet, yellow-orange flesh with a slightly nutty flavor.
FAQs on Where to find pumpkin puree in grocery store
How long does puree pumpkin last?
- You can store the fresh pumpkin puree in the fridge and have it for about 1 week.
- If you freeze pumpkin puree, its shelf life can be extended up to about 6 months.
How to store pumpkin puree?
Pumpkin puree can be put into an airtight container and then taken to the refrigerator. For longer use, you can freeze it, put it in a zip-top freezer bag and bring it into the freezer. By this way, you can also separate your pumpkin, freeze it as an ice cube. You can defrost portions when using later.
To thaw those frozen pumpkin puree, take it from the freezer and put them back in the cooler for a night, or put the frozen container in a bowl of cold water for 15 minutes. If any liquid separates while storing or thawing, just do a simple thing_ giving it a good stir before cooking following the recipes.
Is canned pumpkin the same as pumpkin puree?
First of all: pumpkin puree and canned pumpkin are the same. These terms are often used to alternate each other in recipes. They all mean that 100% steamed and pureed pumpkin which has no add-ins, no extras.
To make pumpkin puree, for most pumpkin recipes, they roast the pumpkin and then use a blender or food processor to make the smooth texture_ which can be controlled by this method. While, canned pumpkin has a more varied type of pumpkin that it can be like: made from steamed, pureed pumpkin or a mixture of pumpkin and other squashes.
Which pumpkin puree is best?
Libby’s is a good option if you ask for 100% puree by its quality that has no artificial flavors or preservatives. Libby’s pumpkin puree has a specific sweet flavor and bright orange color. They also are the number 1 retailer for pumpkin puree.
There is a suggestion list for rating pumpkin puree’s brands that have the customer favorite. They are:
- Libby’s 100% Pure Pumpkin.
- 365 Pumpkin Puree.
- O Organics.
- Trader Joe’s Organic Pumpkin.
- Raley’s 100% Pure Pumpkin.
- Farmer’s Market Organic Pumpkin.
- Sprouts Organic Pumpkin.
- Sunny Select.
How to Make Homemade Pumpkin Puree?
For homemade pumpkin puree, you can do it with a food processor. It is an easy process which is not up to an hour to have the product by yourself.
Recently, just by searching the keyword: “Homemade Pumpkin puree” in Google, you can find many processes for you to follow. This is an example direction for you:
– Bisect the pumpkin that you have. Use a spoon or something like that to remove the pulp and seeds which stay in the center.
– Put the pumpkin pieces into the oven, roast them all for about 45 minutes at 350 degrees or roast them until they are cooked with a soft texture. They will have a light golden brown color after that.
– Peel off the skin and put it into the food processor. Mix them all until they become smooth. You can put some water into the mixture to feed them the needed moisture.
– Take the mixture out of the processor and put it into a bowl and keep pureeing until all the pumpkin is done.
Pumpkin puree is a good ingredient for many delicious dishes that you can try making. Because of the smooth texture, their use is so flexible. A pumpkin pie, or pancake, or smoothy will be a great choice for people who want to have something new and also healthy. Pumpkin puree is quite easy to find in many grocery stores as well as in the online store. You can go through the baking aisle or canned aisle to find them or just stay at home and search for them on e-commerce and shopping sites.
Thank you read ” Where to find pumpkin puree in grocery store” article
- Where to Find Capers in a Grocery Store?
- Where to Find Oyster Sauce in Grocery Store?
- Where to find puff pastry in grocery store?
- Where do You Find Pine Nuts in the Grocery Store?
- Where to Find Lo Mein Noodles in Grocery Store?
- Where to find coconut flakes in grocery store?
- Where to Find Cornmeal in Grocery Store
- Where to Find Egg Roll Wrappers in Grocery Store?
- Where to Find Maraschino Cherries in Grocery Store?
- Where to Find Anchovy Paste in Grocery Store?
- Where are Dates in the Grocery Store?
- Where is Buttermilk in Grocery Store?
- Corned Beef In Grocery Store: Where To Find And Buy
- Kimchi In Grocery Store: Where To Find And Buy
- Cornstarch In Grocery Store: Where To Find and Buy